In our office, small business week is every day.
Here are seven ways to help your small business succeed.
1. Keep your daily to-do list very short. At the end of the day you’ll feel much better. Try using a Post-It note.
2. Trust is valuable to your customers. Screw it up and you’ll see and feel the reason why.
3. There is no difference between business development and sales. They are like identical twins. At times you need to separate the two, but feel the love each one can bring into your life.
4. Someone once said to me that “as soon as my business reaches its fifth birthday I’ll have it made.” I’m still not sure what was “made.” If it was a plaque I never received it. If you think like that good luck on reaching your six year anniversary.
5. You can never have enough data. Data is like a pet dog. If you treat it right, it will always be there for you.
6. If you don’t have a creative bone in your body, you’d better hire someone who does. And pay them a lot of money. They are worth it in many ways.
7. Focus on the big picture. Sometimes it’s nice to be lucky, but most of the lucky people I have met spent a lot of time managing and building their business to become lucky.
Owning and running a small business is a lot of work. Some days are harder than others, and some will even question your staying power. But a true entrepreneur enjoys the battles to make it through it all for another day.
Got a question? Ask. Please share this post with anyone you know that may find it of interest.