Think about that headline for a few seconds.
If the headline is true, why do many companies place less value on their marketing efforts than other business operations?
The headline is true.
What companies do you like to do business with?
Is it their product? Is it the way you are treated? How they responded to a problem? The product is beneficial to your way of life? The company really understands your needs?
Companies that care truly understand that the consumer has many choices. The only way a company can earn their money is to exchange a product and/or service for that opportunity.
A barrier to block a transaction should never occur. If one does pop up, it is quickly taken care of. There is a well thought through strategy that defines the company’s success.
I have seen it in action so many times. Plus, I’m willing to bet that you have seen it as well.
Please take a look at my short list.
There are many more, but not one more important than the first.
1. Exchange goods for money from customers.
2. Persuading customer’s to buy goods with great copywriting.
3. Support sales!
4. Remind ourselves about the basic tactics which bring about sales.
5. Provide excellent customer service, customer up selling, and prospecting for new business.
6. Real live people are available for answering customer questions.
7. The one-size-fits-all-customer approach is a waste of marketing dollars.
8. Learning there are many reasons customers buy our products.
9. Company leadership knows that marketing is an investment – not an expense.
10. New ideas are always encouraged and then tested.
11. An assessment of the company marketing is a to-do; not an event.
12. A company brand is defined by many buying opportunities that exist with customers.
This is certainly not a complete list. It’s a reminder on why I and many other people have started their own business. In my opinion, “exchanging goods for money from customers,” is a very elementary definition of marketing. But it does get its point across.
Understanding and responding to “break points” is a game changer.
How can I help you?
Consider a MCG Marketing Evaluation Process and get a list of marketing ideas for your business. It’s a great exercise I have used throughout the years to get a company’s marketing on the right track. It’s affordably priced and guaranteed to open your eyes to new ideas.
When you click on the eVal link you’ll have an opportunity to get a copy of our latest small business report, “Our Top Ten Lists of Marketing Essentials Required for Small Business Success.” In addition, learn how you can get a free 1 hour one-on-one with the Doc.
Please share and let me know what you think.
Everything marketing starts and ends with your customers… cater to them, listen to them and react to them. The results will amaze you.