Here are 7 sure prescriptions for healthy marketing.
Most small companies, who rely on email, mail or digital communications, would tell anyone who would listen that the key to success in marketing communications –– as well as in most all marketing –– is consistency.
- Promote regularly. Email regularly. Call regularly. Mail regularly. Post regularly. And by all means change your website before it gets stale and moldy.
But also understand it’s an easy trap to fall into if you’re not careful. In fact, regardless of the way in which many companies promote, they typically always fall short when it comes to consistency.
- Consistency means formulating a core storyor messagethat conveys who you are, how you help, and how you do what you do better than anyone else, and then consistently hammering away at this message. Did I just write to upgrade your Branding?
If customer service is your forte, bang away at it in everything you do. Show off what you do best. Build on your strengths. See, it’s exactly the same good advice you’d give to anyone who asks, “How did you build your business?”
- Just make sure that 1) you establish you as the authority on what you do and 2) to encourage people to communicate with you regarding their questions and challenges.
Dream a little dream for you.
- If you like what you’re reading, now is a great the time to expand your Dream Client List! If, for example, you have 500 customers, round up to 1,500. Yes, that number is correct. It takes more to get more good customers.
You need to think about your Dream Client List for a while. But, this is a good strategic marketing activity –– one you probably ought to be doing periodically, if you’re not already doing it. You want to answer…
• What customers would I like to grab from my competitors?
• What vertical markets, if any, have I serviced best in the past?
• What types of customers are most profitable, utilizing more of the services I offer?
• What “dream” businesses in the area have I always wanted to have as clients?
• What business categories purchase the most often?
- You will want to and need to build your list one contact at a time –– thinking about a particular company you’d like to do business with, calling to verify data, and then obtaining the name of the decision maker.
- CONCLUSION: Take the time to create a core story. By doing so, every single message you deploy, inbound or out, is consistent and supports your core story. Plus, every single message supports every single other message. Stick to your core story. Don’t let anything pull you off course! Like another donut staring at you in the break room.
- WARNING: LOW PRICE IS NOT THE MESSAGE YOU WANT TO CONVEY WHEN YOU CREATE YOUR CORE STORY.
Need help with a core story?
Thanks for reading and please share with others, except your competition.
Since 1993, Direct Mail Success has provided readers the ins and outs of direct marketing mail to get a better response in their marketing campaigns. Download a recent issue and see for yourself.
Who reads Direct Mail Marketing success? Providers of direct mail marketing processing, companies looking for direct mail marketing content, and individuals looking to improve they direct and digital marketing techniques. Visit DMCM.net for more information.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask in the comment section or send an email to email@example.com.